:: off on the wrong foot ::
...some kind of awkward journey

::.. photostream ..::

www.flickr.com

Friday, July 27, 2001

i can totally sympathize with nick taylor on this one. while things in my office aren't quite as extreme as his coffee-making story, they are pretty "normal". at my previous job, i was definitely the "freakiest" person by modern standards, but i was also the youngest person and therefore allowed to be weird. plus, everyone there had their own respective quirks, and personalities definitely were made known. my current job has much more of a corporate culture than the other one, and it really makes everyone seem the same. i am definitely still the "freakiest" person here, but there are a lot more people my age and even younger than me. they're all working towards the house in the suburbs with 2.5 kids in the SUV thing.

this is my first real taste of corporate culture, and i don't like it. i'm going to bide my time until i can get back to the university setting, where being an individual makes you more welcome, not less.


|

::.. s.o.w. ..::

::.. features ..::

::.. friends ..::

::.. personal stuff ..::

::.. recommended ..::



My favorite links™

KEXP rocks your socks!™

Powered by Blogger Pro™

Go Flyers!™

BlogShares™



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

maystar designsmaystar designsmaystar designs